Makes Approximately 24-28 mini muffins
(I use organic where possible)
- 3 x ripe bananas
- 1 2/3 cups of wholemeal spelt flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and brown sugar mixed together and/or shredded coconut for topping (optional) I did some with each of these options
Preheat oven to 160°
Step 1. In a large bowl mash the ripe bananas with the back of a fork
Step 2. Add the egg and whisk, then add the coconut cream, vanilla extract and honey and mix well.
Step 3. Now add the flour and the baking powder and stir through until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
Step 4. Spoon mixture into the muffin moulds and then top with the shredded coconut or brown sugar and cinnamon mix.
Step 5. Place into oven and cook for approximately 12-16 minutes (depending on your oven)
Allow to cool before serving