Vegetarian,Gluten Free, Refined sugar free, Nut free
Serves approx. 4
(I use organic where available)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 large raw beetroot bulbs
- 1 bag of rocket (approx. 200grams)
- ½ fresh pomegranate, (more if desired)
- 100 grams of goats or fetta cheese, alternatively replace with Avocado
- 1tsp of Sumac
- 2-3 tsp of Zaatar (lebanese spice mix)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180˚c (fan forced)
- Cut all vegetables into chunky rustic pieces, bearing in mind to keep the beetroot pieces bigger than the sweet potato as they are softer and take less time to cook. Lay all vegetables into a baking tray, drizzle with a dash of olive oil then sprinkle with salt, the sumac and 2 teaspoons of the Zataar (reserving one teaspoon of Zataar for garnishing)
- Bake vegetables until soft and slightly brown, all ovens are different, this can take anywhere between, 30-50 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing, by whisking all ingredients together
- Once vegetables are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly
- Add the rocket to a large salad bowl, gently toss the vegetables through with half of the amount of pomegranate
- Garnish with remaining pomegranate, crumble the fetta cheese over the salad with your hands, sprinkle with the remaining Zaatar then add then salad dressing.
- Toss dressing through before serving if you like or serve as is.